Data Privacy Statement: RITE Education Group
The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice, nor do they commit RITE Education Group to any obligation whatsoever. RITE Education Group accepts no responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site. Users are advised to seek confirmation of statements made herein before acting upon them; specialist advice should also be sought on specific issues.
RITE Education Sdn Bhd, incorporated under Malaysian law with company registration number 1267914-X, and RITE International Incorporated, incorporated under Malaysian law with registration number LL14409 (hereinafter jointly referred to as “RITE Education Group”) is the data controller of this website and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the website and make use of its online facilities.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
RITE Education Group is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to its website and improving and adding to its existing products, services, and programmes. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law, and the changing nature of technology, RITE Education Group’s data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, RITE Education Group will post the changes on our website to notify you of the changes.
The only personal data RITE Education Group currently collects through its website is the information you voluntarily give us when you use our website and services. For example, you may use this site to contact RITE Education Group with questions and comments or use RITE Education Group’s services. When you fill out a form on our website, you may provide your name and other contact information, including your organisation’s name, your email address, and your mailing address or the mailing address of your organisation, or other personal information.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
RITE Education Group uses the personal data information you provide to answer the query you will have posted through the website. RITE Education Group and our affiliates also use this information to help us improve the content and functionality of our website, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services. By using the website, you are giving your consent consent that RITE Education Group and our affiliates may use the information provided to contact you in the future to inform you about products or services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send to you will contain instructions allowing you to “opt-out” from receiving any future communications.
Similarly, we may provide “subscription” email services, either directly or through affiliates, which enable you to receive current news about RITE Education Group and its business. For all such services, we will provide an opportunity to “opt-out” of the subscription.
REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA FOR PROCESSING
RITE Education Group ensures that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- personal data is processed in accordance with good practice;
- personal data is collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes;
- personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with that for which the information is collected;
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant in relation to the purposes of the processing;
- no more personal data is processed than is necessary, having regard to the purposes of the processing;
- personal data that is processed is correct and, if necessary, up to date;
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase data to the extent that such data is incomplete or incorrect, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed;
- personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed.
Personal data may only be processed if:
- the data subject has unambiguously given his/her consent; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party to, or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract; or
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which RITE Education Group is subjected; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of an activity that is carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in RITE Education Group, or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of RITE Education Group or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and in particular, the right to privacy.
ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
This technology does not identify you personally and does not collect personal information. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website. RITE Education Group and its affiliates use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to improve the content and functionality of our website, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
In the event that you choose to disable, reject or block the cookies we use, some parts of our website will not function properly, and in other cases our website will not be accessible.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
While no method of data transmission is guaranteed against unlawful third party interception or other misuse, RITE Education Group uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure protection of your data including industry-standard encryption and offline security methods in our physical facilities.
LINK TO OTHER SITES
UPDATES, RECTIFICATIONS, DELETIONS, ETC.
RITE Education Group shall, at the request of the data subject, immediately rectify, block or erase such personal data that has not been processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. RITE Education Group shall notify any third party to whom the data has been disclosed about the measures undertaken as aforementioned. No such notification need be provided if it is shown to be impossible or to involve a disproportionate effort.
In the case where you wish to verify, update, rectify, block and/or erase any personal data that you have submitted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBJECT ACCESS POLICY
RITE Education Group will provide information in response to any reasonable subject access request. RITE Education Group will ensure data is kept in an accessible form to facilitate subject access. RITE Education Group at the request of the data subject shall provide to the data subject, without excessive delay and without expense, written information as to whether personal data concerning the data subject is processed, provided that a request for the data as aforementioned shall only be made by the data subject at reasonable intervals. Any such application shall be made in writing to RITE Education Group and is to be signed by the data subject. If such data is processed, RITE Education Group shall provide to the data subject written information in an intelligible form on:
- actual information about the data subject which is processed;
- where this information has been collected;
- the purpose of the processing;
- to which recipients or categories of recipients the information is disclosed; and
- knowledge of the logic involved in any automatic processing of data concerning the data subject.
RITE Education Group makes every effort to ensure that your personal information is protected at all times. However, RITE Education Group shall not be held liable for any security breaches that might occur, unless this happens through our own negligence or default. RITE Education Group shall only disclose potentially personal identifying information to employees and any affiliates with a need to know, in order to process the information on behalf of RITE Education Group or to provide the services available via RITE Education Group’s website. By using the RITE Education Group website, you consent to transfer your personal information to RITE Education Group and its affiliates.
All logos, symbols, and the words “RITE Education Group”, “RITE Education” or “RITE International” as they are or combined with any other word, used on this website in whatever manner used or represented, are trademarks of RITE Education Group. RITE Education Group or any affiliated company are the only organisation authorised to use these trademarks.
All rights reserved unless indicated otherwise on this website.
RITE Education Group welcomes you to use this website for your personal and non-commercial purposes only. You are not allowed to copy, re-use, modify, transmit, broadcast, or display for redistribution to third parties without having first obtained RITE Education Group’s explicit permission.